|Real name:||Ashel Sabian Formanta|
|First Appearance:||Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #7|
|Created by:||Ron Marz|
Green Lantern Corps
Black Lantern Corps
|Sector:||Space Sector 0650|
History[edit | edit source]
Origin[edit | edit source]
Once a simple farmer, Ash's wife was murdered by a vampire, which he killed. After that, he was inducted into the Green Lantern Corps. He later learned that the vampire that murdered his wife was a follower of the cosmic vampire Starbreaker, and Ash dedicated himself to eliminating Starbreaker and his followers.
The Anti-Monitor's Corpse[edit | edit source]
Because he did not fear the things that lurked in the dark, the Guardian known as Scar assigned him the task of locating the corpse of the Anti-Monitor. After some time searching, Ash located the Anti-Monitor's helmet, the angle of which indicated that the body was located somewhere in Space Sector 0666. Ash continued his search into Sector 0666 and eventually met up with Green Lantern, Saarek, a Corpsman who had the ability to speak to the dead. He had also been sent by Scar to search for the Anti-Monitor's corpse. They traveled together and eventually discovered the Black Lantern Power Battery. Saarek realized that they had made a terrible mistake, when the corpse of the Anti-Monitor rose up to grab them, killing both offscreen. Both Ash and Saarek became Black Lanterns, and were with Scar and the captured Guardians around the Black Central Battery on Ryut and on Coast City. Both were destroyed by the Lantern corps during the fight with Nekron.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
- Coming Soon
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ash was at one time just a simple Farmer.
- Ash makes a non-canon appearance in Green Lantern vs. Aliens, an intercompany crossover with Dark Horse Comics. He teams up with Kyle Rayner, Brik, M'hdahna and a xudarian named Tomar-Dar against the titular Aliens.
- In his first appearance, Ash had three fingers cut off from his right hand with a blade. In later appearances, he appears to have had them reattached.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The back of Ash's uniform bears a Christian cross. Although Ash's religion has never been discussed, this symbol is frequently believed to help ward off vampires.
- Ash's full name was revealed to be "Ashel Sabian Formanta" in Green Lantern (Vol 4) #42.