|First Appearance:||Tales of The Green Lantern Corps #3|
|Affiliations:||Green Lantern Corps|
|Sector:||Space Sector 1355|
|Abilities:||Green Lantern Power Ring|
Penelops is a veteran Green Lantern re-recruited when the Green Lantern Corps returned. He's a being of extreme willpower, famous around the Corps for using his ring to change his planet's orbit with only a stray thought. Several Corpsmen have asked Penelops to train them privately in how to use their willpower to the fullest, but Penelops has politely refused.
Lantern Corps Wars
Penelops has participated in many battles in his long lifetime. He fought in and survived the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night. He was one of the many lanterns mind-controlled by Krona when the Mad Guardian took control of the Green Lanterns. Penelops fought against Volthoom as well.
However, Penelops' skill and battle prowess could not save him when Eon and Cyborg Superman came to his homeworld to drain its' resources. Penelops managed to save many of his fellow Peneloans from the destruction of Penelo, but was eventually killed by the evil energy being, Eon.
Powers and Abilities
- Alien Physiology:Penelops comes from an underwater world where it's inhabitants never venture to the surface, therefore Penelops is an aquatic being who would normally be affected by light but no longer has that problem.
- Enhanced Vision
- Tentacles: This Emerald Warrior’s tentacles aren’t just for show, they can sting lawbreakers and spray thick blinding ink.
- Superhuman Strength
- Stingers:Penelops' has been seen both shooting particles out of his tentacles and shocking enemies by simply touching them with stingers located on his tentacles.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Penelops' creations are tentacle constructs used to envelope enemies.
- Consumes food with thousands of little “mouths” under its tentacles.