|First Appearance:||Brave and the Bold #28 (March, 1960)|
|Created by:|| Gardner Fox|
Starro is but one of many starfish-shaped aliens that form a composite entity known as the Star Conquerors. Science City was the site of one of the first attacks by the alien menace known as Starro the Conqueror. Starro sent one of his transformed agents to secure the Hall of Science building, and absorb the scientific knowledge of its residents. Wonder Woman and the Martian Manhunter of the Justice League of America flew to Science City to combat Starro and rescue the captured scientists. In a possible future setting, Starro took control of time traveler Rip Hunter and used him to send his spores backwards in time to Avignon, France in 1348. From there, he was able to retroactively take control of the entire world. The time-traveling super-hero Booster Gold used Rip Hunter's Time Sphere to travel to the future and correct the time anomaly that enabled Starro to come to power.
Powers and Abilities
- Reproduction: Starro can asexually generate parasitic clones from his own body and command them to act in accordance with his will. By extension, Starro can also transform ordinary Earth-based starfish into loyal Starro agents.
- Flight: A fully grown Starro is capable of wingless flight in both outer space and atmospheric environments.
- Mind Control: Although equipped with only limited mobility, Starro parasites can attach themselves to a victim's face, whereupon they attack a body's central nervous system, subsequently taking control of both their mind and body. A Starro parasite can maintain control over its victim for an extended period of time, forcing them to obey their every whim, even if it goes against the nature of the selected target. This ability only works so long as the parasite maintains physical contact with its victim. Once the parasite is removed, the victim regains control of their mind and motor function.
- Energy Absorption/Projection: Starro can absorb energy and rechannel it as powerful blasts of energy, which it directs through the tip of each tentacle.
- Invulnerability: A fully grown Starro is impervious to most conventional forms of attack. Gunfire and similar weapons are ineffective against a Starro.
- Color Alteration: Starro can change the color of it's skin to (presumably) any color of its choosing. It once changed its hue to yellow in order to fend off attacks by Green Lantern.
- Coming Soon
- Starro is short for the Star Conqueror.
- Starro was created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Mike Sekowsky. The Starro species was further developed by writer Grant Morrison.
- Coming Soon